Baking is a great way to release my stress and it allows me to witness the simple pleasures people get from my desserts. Just one bit of a perfectly crisp and crumbly tart, or a scoop of ice cream abounding in flavour could be blissful. Contrary to what many people believe homemade desserts could be equally lip smacking as a restaurant or café. You do not need to have a Le Cordon Bleu degree necessarily, rather innovation, precision and the right ingredients are key in creating the perfect dessert.
Just follow this recipe and you could be enjoying the congruous mixture of chocolate, creamy cheese and hazelnuts and It’s definitely Sweet!
NUTELLA CHEESECAKE BROWNIES
Ingredients-: Brownie Mixture
* 2 cups of flour
* 1¾ cup of castor / baking sugar
* ¾ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* ½ teaspoon of salt
* 1 cup and 2 tablespoons of water
* ¼ cup of apple sauce
* ½ cup of canola/olive oil
Ingredients-: Cheesecake Mix
* 8 ounces of cream cheese
* ¾ cup of powdered/icing sugar
* 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
* 6 tablespoons of Nutella
-In a big bowl start adding the brownie mix ingredients, first add 2 cups of flour, ¾ cup of sugar, ¾ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder or cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon of baking powder and ½ teaspoon of salt.
* TIP * Make sure you sieve all the dry ingredients in order to make your mix smooth and avoid lumps.
– To the dry ingredients add 1 cup and 2 tablespoons of water, ¼ cup of apple sauce, ½ cup of canola/olive oil.
* TIP * You could even make the apple sauce at home, first cut 1 apple into diced cubes, then in a pan take ¼ cup water, add the apples remember to keep the heat on a simmer, then add ¼ cup of sugar and 2 cinnamon quills or 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder. By 25-30 minutes, the apples should become soft and the mixture must look thicker. Then take the mixture off the heat and put it in a mixer for about ten seconds to get a smooth texture.
– Mix all the above ingredients well and make sure the mix is pourable yet at a thick consistency. Then take out a baking tin, apply butter on the base and sides and pour the mix on it. Spread the mix evenly to get a leveled brownie.
– In another bowl add 8 ounces of cream cheese, to that add ¾ cup of powdered sugar and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract. Mix it well and make sure the consistency is soft and fluffy.
* TIP * The cream cheese must be soft, it should always be at room temperature and if you have put it in the fridge, make sure to leave it out before using it. Otherwise the consistency could get ruined.
– After mixing it well, you need to put the bowl in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds and if the mix is still not pourable then put it in for another 5-10 seconds.
– Once both the mixtures are ready, its time to add the cream cheese mix and nutella.
– Over the brownie mix, add dollops of the cream cheese mix evenly, covering all areas.
– Do the same with the nutella, put 6 tablespoons or more(for nutella lovers) over the brownie and cream cheese base.
– Now comes the best part !! Even if something is delicious it must look remarkable. In order to do that, take a knife and move it three times up and down horizontally and three times up and down vertically. This action helps create swirls and gives a great touch to your brownie. You could move it more than three times but if you want big swirls its better to stick to three.
– Now its ready to be baked !
– Pre heat the oven at 180° C, then put the baking tin in the oven for 25-30 minutes and let it bake away.
– After about 25 minutes you can take them out and check if it’s cooked. Use a toothpick/stick and poke the brownies, if the toothpick/stick come out clean your brownies are cooked. If not pop them back in for another 5-10 minutes and that should do the trick.
– Once cooked and out of the oven. Let it cool down and then serve them fresh with just a dollop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Even by itself it manages to win you over, bursting with flavours. This crumbly and moist chocolate brownie, topped with creamy cheese and hazelnut chocolate. Will win you over.
Hope you enjoy making this and let me know if you have any queries by commenting below.
Thank you 🙂