The day of romance is approaching! Are you ready to pamper your loved one or ones? If you are still clueless, waiting till the very last-minute or just do not have much time on your hands. The following pointers should definitely help you unveil your romantic side. Even though Valentine’s Day is glorified as the grand day to celebrate love and your loved ones, my advice to you is leave the mainstream stuff for the other days of the year. Do something personal and out of the box and remember to display your love not just on this day, rather all throughout the year.
WOO YOUR VALENTINE
* Plan a treasure hunt! taking a route of familiar places leading to you
* Go for a picnic but in the night!
* Dare date! Plan a series of dares you want to do and take pictures of each dare.
* Name a star after your special someone through Star Registration
* Cook a meal or a dessert
Here is my recipe for a quick and easy Valentine’s Day dessert
DECADENT CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
SERVES- 2 People
*1 Bar of Chocolate
*¼ Teaspoon of Instant Coffee Powder
*1 Tablespoon of butter
*2 tablespoons of Castor sugar
*½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
*½ Cup of Double Cream
*1 Egg yolk
*1 Egg white
*1 Tablespoon of water
– In a glass bowl, take the double cream and whip it up, use a hand mixer to save time. Whip it till it has nice stiff peaks.
* TIP * Make sure you take the cream out of the fridge right before you need it, so that it is easy to whip it up.
– Place this whipped cream in the fridge
– In another bowl add the egg yolk and 2 Tablespoons of sugar. Whisk it for 2 minutes till the mixture becomes a nice pale yellow colour.
– To heat the chocolate well you must make a double boiler, take a saucepan with 1 inch of water in it over simmering heat and cover the saucepan by placing a bowl over it.
– Break your bar of chocolate (Dairy Milk/ Galaxy)into pieces and to that add 1 tablespoon of butter,¼ Teaspoon of coffee powder and 1 tablespoon of water.The reason you must add coffee powder is to make the flavour of the chocolate stand out.
– Once the chocolate mixture is rich and smooth take it off the heat.
– Then take a spoon of that mixture and add it to the yolk and sugar mixture
* TIP * We do it in parts in order to prevent the eggs from getting scrambled.
– Now add all the remaining chocolate mixture to it and ½ Teaspoon of vanilla extract and mix it.
– Put this chocolate and egg yolk mixture back on the double boiler to thicken and cook the egg for just 3-4 minutes.
– Now set it aside to cool
– Take 1 egg white in another bowl and whisk it till it forms stiff peaks
– Now comes the part to bring all three elements together
– Mix the chocolate mixture in the egg white and to this add the heavy cream that you placed in the fridge.
– Once properly mixed you should get a smooth and thick mix
– To finish it off you must place it in the freezer for 2 hours or in a fridge for 3-4 hours.
– Dress up your dessert with some icing sugar or fruit such as strawberry/raspberry. If you want to add a colourful element use a mint leaf and fruit to contrast the mousse, like I have done. Enjoy this decadent treat with your loved one.
Remember to spread the love everyday 🙂
Hope you enjoy making this delicious dessert and your valentine’s Day!
I would love to hear what your Valentine’s Day plan is, do comment below.