As a young girl Nutella and jam sandwiches was me showcasing my cooking skills, thankfully I have come a long way from that. Being a foodie I track all the trends related to food and one of the things that I absolutely adore doing is watching shows focused around cooking. My all time favourite show is Masterchef Australia, every episode makes me wish I was there ready to devour their ambrosial dishes and this dessert is inspired by two recipes that I have seen on their show. If you love food and have spare time on your hands I urge you to watch the show it will change your life !
VANILLA YOGURT PANNACOTTA & RASPBERRY COULIS
SERVES-4 to 6 People
Ingredients-: Vanilla Yogurt Pannacotta
* 375 ml of Single Cream
* 3½ Tablespoons of Icing Sugar
* 3 Gelatin Leaves/1 Tablespoon Powdered Gelatin
* 6½ Ounces of Full Fat Yogurt
* 1 Vanilla Bean
Ingredients-: Raspberry Coulis
* 2 Tablespoons Castor Sugar
* 3 Tablespoons Water
* 1 cup of Fresh Raspberries
Method: Vanilla Yogurt Pannacotta
– Before starting on the Pannacotta it is essential to have your Gelatin ready, Place 3 Gelatin leaves in a bowl of cold water for about 2-3 minutes.
– Then pour the 375 ml of cream in a saucepan over a medium heat and add 3½ Tablespoons of icing sugar to it. Keep stirring this for 3-4 minutes until it’s cooked.
– As soon as your cream and sugar mix is warmed up, remove it from the heat and add the gelatin.
* TIP * If you want to add powdered Gelatin instead, make sure you add 1 Tablespoon of powdered gelatin in a small bowl containing 2-3 tablespoons of warm water. Powdered gelatin acts best with warm water and once its granules dissolve you may add it to the pannacotta.
– While adding the Gelatin sheets make sure it’s wobbly in its texture, so it dissolves instantly into the pannacotta mixture.Just give it a good stir, making sure there are no lumps.
– To this add 6½ ounces of full fat yogurt; whisk it just a bit to make the mixture light and smooth.
– Now we have to add the vanilla bean seeds, in order to get the vanilla flavour and texture. Slicing a vanilla bean is very simple.
– Take a knife and make a slit in the middle of the vanilla bean, vertically from top to bottom. Then open up the vanilla bean and using your knife scrape the little black seeds inside.
– Once you have scraped all of the seeds add it to your Pannacotta mixture and mix it. Your mixture now must look creamy and smooth with several black dots, due to the vanilla bean seeds.
* TIP * If you cannot find a vanilla bean anywhere, 1 Teaspoon of vanilla bean paste is a great substitute but never use vanilla extract because its flavour is tooconcentrated and it will not add any visual element.
– Let the mixture cool down and once it has pour it into your preferred mould. You could pour it into six different moulds or one big one.
– Now it goes into the fridge to set for about 3-4 hours to set.
Method: Raspberry Coulis
– In a saucepan over a medium heat, add the fresh raspberries, then 3 tablespoons of water and 2 tablespoons of castor sugar and let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
– Let them boil and once the raspberries become soft and they have absorbed all the water, bring it to a simmer for another 2-4 minutes.
– Then take the mix off the heat and put it in a mixer. After mixing it for about 5 seconds take it out.
– Pass the mix through a sieve to make sure the coulis is smooth and will not contain any pieces of raspberry.
– Let the coulis cool down then put it in the fridge to thicken up and use it once the pannacotta is ready.
– Now comes the best part, to finally plate up your dessert and wow people!
– After your Pannacotta has set, take it out of the fridge and place the mould in a saucepan of water over a low heat for just 3 seconds.
– Then take it out and with a knife, go vertically from the top to the bottom of one side of the mould to create an air pocket. Now place your mould facing downwards on a serving plate.
– If it does not slide right out, do not worry just keep shifting the mould and banging it lightly to get it out without any damages.
– Once it’s out, its time to decorate !!
– Use the coulis as an accompaniment, either serve it in a bowl with it or spread it in dots around the pannacotta, you could pour some freely over it making it look abstract or could make an artistic line. Bring out the creative side in you !
– Enjoy your creamy, silky smooth and delicious pannacotta.
Do drop your comments and queries in the section below !!
Thank you 🙂