Every dessert today comes with an umpteen number of choices of flavours and forms. Somehow I love every form and flavour of cupcakes, they are definitely my weakness. Large, mini, chocolate, red velvet I love them all ! So here is my all time favourite cupcake recipe. Hope you enjoy the moist buttery cup of heaven covered with a thick and decadent chocolate fudge icing.
BUTTER CUPCAKES WITH CHOCOLATE FUDGE ICING
SERVES – 15-20 People
Ingredients-: Butter Cupcakes
* 1½ cups of Butter
* 2½ cups of Castor Sugar
* 5 eggs
* 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
* ¾ Teaspoon No colour Almond Extract
* 3 cups of flour
* ¾ Teaspoon of Baking Powder
* ¼ Teaspoon Salt
* 1 cup of Milk
Ingredients-: Chocolate Fudge Icing
* 2/3 Cups of Butter
* 1 1/3 Cups of Cocoa Powder
* 6 Cups of Icing Sugar
* 2/3 Cup of Milk
* 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
Method: Butter Cupcakes
– Prepare before hand and pre heat your oven at 180°C.
– In a large bowl cream (mix) 1½ cups of Butter and 2½ cups of Castor Sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
– To this mixture add the eggs
* TIP * Add the eggs one at a time and ensure that you keep mixing it well to prevent the cupcake from being undercooked.
– Add 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract and ¾ Teaspoon of Almond Extract
– Now in another bowl add 3 cups of flour, ¾ Teaspoon of Baking Powder and ¼ Teaspoon Salt.
* TIP * Make sure to pass the dry ingredients through a sieve to prevent lumps.
– Now add the dry ingredients mixture and the cup of milk simultaneously.
– Once nice ad fluffy pour the mix into your moulds
– Bake them for 20-25 minutes
* TIP * Test if the cupcakes are ready by poking them with a skewer or toothpick, Make sure the skewer comes out clean. That means it’s cooked.
– Once baked remove it and allow it to cool for 10-15 minutes.
Method: Chocolate Fudge Icing
– In a pan add 2/3 Cups of Butter over a medium heat and let it melt.
– Once melted add 1 1/3 Cups of Cocoa Powder and let it start boiling but make sure to always stir it to get a smooth consistency.
– In a big bowl pour the mixture in and allow it to cool until it reaches room temperature.
– Once cool add 6 Cups of Icing Sugar and 2/3 Cup of Milk and keep mixing it well
– Finally add 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract and mix it again voila your icing is ready.
– Now comes the time to decorate !!!
– Cover your buttery cupcakes with fudgey icing.Yum!! and for a garnish add some sprinkles or roasted nuts.
Hope you enjoy this recipe and post !
Thank you 🙂