Have you ever got that feeling, when you want to abandon all your work, get to the kitchen and just bake. Crack open an egg or cream the butter in a bowl and enjoy every action, which will help you create that flawless bite, drawing you away from your pressing workload and responsibilities, letting you experience your true bliss in that particular moment.
For many students, baking; although a passion could get difficult to manage in between deadlines, exams and classes. Hence they could lose the desire and patience to do it.
Baking makes me feel good and here are some tips on how I keep my baking dream alive, while being a student.
5 WAYS TO KEEP THE BAKER IN YOU ALIVE
- NEED TO KNEAD
Every now and then get back to kneading some dough or preparing some batter. Never lose touch with your skills, no matter how hectic your schedule is, always try getting back to the basics.
- SOCIAL MEDIA TO THE RESCUE
Spend some of your time going through food blogs, instagram pictures of interesting baked goods or even following renowned chefs on twitter and facebook. They act as a great source of inspiration.
- FRESH BATCH OF STUDENTS
Try applying to short courses in pastry schools or enroll in a baking class in order to keep the momentum going.
Apply now: Le Cordon Bleu
- THE NEW WAVE
Create or join societies within your college, which enable you to bake with people sharing the same passion for desserts and baking as you.
- BAKE SOME JOY
Undertake bake sales in order to help people out or volunteer to supply your baked products in places where it could bring joy to people as well as yourself.
Even if baking is not your ultimate passion but a preferred hobby, you could use intrinsic methods and appliances to create something mouthwatering. Just like this particular quick and easy recipe. It requires no oven and consists of nine easily available ingredients. Whether you are craving a midnight snack during your exams or preparing a meal for your guests this dessert is an impeccable choice.
THE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
Serves: 1 cup
• 3 Tablespoon Flour
• 3½ Tablespoon sugar
• ¼ Teaspoon Baking powder
• ¾ Tablespoon Cocoa powder
• 4 Tablespoon Milk
• 2 Tablespoon Vegetable oil
• ¼ Teaspoon vanilla extract
• Pinch of salt
– Take all the dry ingredients; 3 Tablespoons of flour, ¾ Tablespoons of Cocoa powder, ¼ teaspoon of Baking powder and place these ingredients into a large mug.
*TIP * – iIt is important to pass all the above ingredients through a sieve, in order to make sure the consistency of the batter is smooth
– Now to this add 3½ Tablespoons of sugar
*TIP * – Try using granulated sugar (castor sugar) or Icing sugar in order to enhance the smooth consistency. As they melt faster than normal sugar.
– Now add all the wet ingredients; 4 Tablespoons of milk, 2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil and ¼ Teaspoon of vanilla extract.
– Add a pinch of salt to balance the taste out
– Finally put the mug into a microwave for a minute on the highest temperature.
– After you take it out pass a stick or fork through it. If it comes out clear then it is ready to be eaten. Though if it still has cake bits stuck to it then put it back in the microwave for another thirty seconds, to a minute.
– Finally serve this moist and delectable chocolate mug cake with the choice of toppings such as vanilla ice cream, nutella, crushed chocolate pieces or some nuts will pair exceedingly well with the mug cake.
Hope you enjoy this post and recipe and do not let anything stop you from pursuing your dream.
Thank you ☺